Wednesday, April 11, 2007

1st Round NHL Playoff Picks- Western Conference

Here are my picks for the West in the first round, again linking to Scott Burnside's analysis.

Detroit (1) vs. Calgary (8)
The Red Wings are in much better shape than they were last year going into the playoffs, and they have been at the top of the West all season. Meanwhile, the Flames barely made the playoffs. I'm looking for Pavel Datsyuk to play a monster playoffs to silence the critics on his past playoff performances. I think the Flames will probably win Game 3 at home, but that's it. Red Wings in 5.

Anahiem (2) vs. Minnesota (7)

I admit I haven't watched any Wild games this season, but I have watched the Ducks and they are dangerous. The Wild will have to stay out of the sin bin to have a chance. Neidermayer and Pronger on the point on the power play are just deadly. Ducks in 6.

Vancouver (3) vs. Dallas (6)
This should be a fun series. Both teams have stellar goalies, but the Stars Turco has struggled in the playoffs (not entirely his fault in my opinion- I've seen his team leave him out to hang in the past). On the other hand the great Luongo is in his first NHL playoffs. I'm taking the Canucks in 7.

Nashville (4) vs. San Jose (5)
This series should also be fun to watch. The Predators were fighting with the Red Wings all season for 1st in the West, and they have playoff monster Peter Forsberg. The Sharks have some very skilled players notably Big Joe Thorton and Jonathan Cheechoo. Both teams have two solid goalies that can be changed in if things aren't going well. I'm taking San Jose in 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google