Friday, October 27, 2006

NFL Picks Week 8

No picks last week, blogger went down when I tried. I've been a little sick, and super busy at work, so (as usual) light blogging. I'm coming off my worst week in picks (5-8) but I can't be totally blamed. KC beating San Diego, my Hawks losing their star QB, Houston beating Jacksonville, Tampa beating Philly? As Chris Berman says, "That's why they play the games." On to the picks (home team in caps).

GREEN BAY over Arizona- The Pack has been showing a little spark recently, and I think the Cards will not recover from the stomach-punch game against the Bears any time soon.

CINCINNATI over Atlanta- Vick had a great game last week, so he's due for a stinker this week. Plus, the Bengals are coming off a big home win against the Panthers, and should continue to roll.

NEW ORLEANS over Baltimore- This should be a good game, decent offense going against a great defense. I just don't see the Ravens putting up enough points on the road to win.

TENNESSEE over Houston- The Titans are playing tough in the last few weeks, and I think they'll edge out the Texans at home. I'm not real confident in this pick though.

PHILADELPHIA over Jacksonville- The Eagles will come back strong at home after the heart-breaking loss last week. After losing to the Texans, how good can we think the Jags really are? They're a mystery team.

KANSAS CITY over Seattle- As much as it pains me to say it, the Seahawks are in trouble this week. We're missing our starting QB and RB to injury, 3rd receiver to illness and starting guard to suspension. And playing at Arrowhead. This could be ugly. I'm just hoping the defense can win this one for us.

CHICAGO over San Francisco- Grossman will get his mojo back against a soft Niners D, and the Bears D won't give up many points.

NEW JERSEY GIANTS over Tampa Bay- The Bucs are a bad call and fluky field goal away from being 0-6. The G-men just slapped around Dallas on MNF. You do the math.

SAN DIEGO over St. Louis- The Chargers often look like the best team in the league, but have a knack for blowing big games (like last week). But they'll win at home over an average Rams team (and they better to keep my Seahawks in first in the division)

Indianapolis over DENVER- I have to pick the Colts until they lose, but this could be the game. Denver's a good team, and playing at Mile High is always tough.

New Jersey Jets over CLEVELAND- The Browns are just a bad team, and as long as they don't make mistakes, the Jets can hang with most teams in the league.

Pittsburg over OAKLAND- The Steelers are the best 2-4 team in the league! No way they lose against the Raiders, coached by a wax figure that looks suspiciously like Art Shell.

CAROLINA over Dallas- After the spanking the evil Parcels-led Cowboys got last week on MNF, I just know we're this close to the T.O. meltdown that destroys that team. I just can't wait!!!

MINNESOTA over New England- I'm not confident in this pick either, just because it's Brady and the Pats, but I watched the Vikings last week, and they play decent defense, have a good offensive line and a QB who knows how to manage a game and no make mistakes, so I'm taking the home team.

Last week: 5-8
Season: 67-33

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google